Author Topic: BF4 Server Monthly Review for April 2018  (Read 103 times)

Offline darkstrider99

• AUK Senior Admin
  • Major
    • View Profile
BF4 Server Monthly Review for April 2018
« on: April 28, 2018, 09:57:03 PM »
Since we have now come to the end of the 2 months that I financed for the BF4 server, I want to record some observations.
Whatever modes, maps or formats we use for the BF4 Server (if we keep it) in the future, I think that I have proved that the measures I took have managed to resurrect the popularity of the server and introduce a lot more players to the AUK Gaming community over the last 2 months.
This can be seen by the Ranking system.  When I started near the beginning of march, the ranking system showed we had just over 14,000 players that had visited our server. It now shows well over 24,000 players which is a gain of 10,000 new players in 2 months, or 5,000 new players a month.
I put this down largely to the fact that the server has been "Official" for most of the time, in spite of a few hiccups with hackers/cheats which have required me to switch back to Ranked for a while to try and keep them away. But also, I think the choice of maps has assisted greatly as I have avoided unpopular maps and have adopted Phil's suggestion about starting with vanilla maps until 20 players are on and then adding selected DLC maps. I think that the players that visit are relatively happy with the choice of maps as there seem to be few complaints at the end of the rounds. The poll about maps has pretty much agreed with my selections with perhaps one or two that could be added.
However, I am very much against adding the unpopular maps as it could well undo all the good work so far.
Likewise, I would much prefer to continue with just Conguest mode as it has also helped build the new player base and I believe that adding other modes, such as Rush or Domination will just tend to alienate the players who have got used to our server being Conquest only.
Looking at Blues' statistics, it appears that, apart from a blip at the beginning of April which shows no stats (are they just missing Blue?), weekends have been the main focus for players and some days the server has been busy for over 7 hours.  Notably in the last couple of weeks, some weekdays have become busy for a reasonable period of time.  This is very encouraging.  Also, I have noticed that there are certain players that prefer to play on our servers and have repeatedly been back.
So, to me this is all good and I am encouraged that the player base has broadened while my measures have been applied.
I am not going to continue what I have been doing because it takes up a considerable amount of time and I really just wanted to prove a point.
I believe I have proved a point and now it's up to others....either maintain what I have started, the results speak for themselves, or change the modes and maps and risk undoing everything that has been achieved.  It's no longer my call. 
A big Thank you to all AUK players who have come onto the BF4 server in the last 2 months and played and seeded.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2018, 12:54:16 AM by darkstrider99 »

Offline blue_1247

• AUK Senior Admin
  • Major
  • Boogity, Boogity, Boogity!
    • View Profile
Re: BF$ Server Monthly Review for April 2018
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2018, 11:27:57 PM »
Bravo, Strider! Big applause there and congratulations on successfully reviving BF4. Many doubted it would work but you've indeed proven us different. I'm happy it all worked out so well :) I think I can speak on behalf of all of us when I thank you for all the effort you've put into it, it has not gone unnoticed!

Yes you're right I've just checked and we seem to be missing some data from 5 days early April (there are no records in the DB). It has likely been performing just as well during those days, too ;)

Offline havamal2000

• AUK Senior Admin
  • Colonel
  • "Hope" is not a course of action.
    • View Profile
    • UN DPKO
Re: BF4 Server Monthly Review for April 2018
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2018, 07:30:59 PM »
Strider, I for one am very grateful to you for your efforts. Your management of the server, your choice of game type and maps are spot on. Sure the odd hacker jumps on from time to time, but the don't stay very long once the other players react. All in all you deserve our thanks, our cooperation and our support. Cheers.

Offline Neox

• AUK Leader
  • Major
    • View Profile
Re: BF4 Server Monthly Review for April 2018
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2018, 07:32:52 PM »
Indeed - Massive thanks Strider for all your hard work, it is much appreciated.