Author Topic: Application to re-join  (Read 436 times)

Offline Azarius

• AUK Member
  • Captain
    • View Profile
Application to re-join
« on: October 12, 2017, 07:20:39 PM »
Hi All,

It has been some time since I have worn the [AUK] tag and was wondering if I could re join the squad now I have a usable setup?

As I have said in chat recently the reason I stopped playing BF4 was that I had an unfortunate accident involving a can of liquid being introduced to my PC via my elbow whilst turning around on my chair (most expensive beer ever lol) at the time I could not afford to build a new rig & all the components got fried apart from my HDD & Graphics Card which were both a bit old.

My new setup is not amazing but can play BF1 on medium with no FPS drop (not tried high yet but is good enough for me) I got the MB & CPU a while back & just got a new GPU & Monitor, will upgrade all of them gradually over the coming months.

My current setup is an AMD 6 core Vishera CPU, 8GB of RAM & a GT 1030 GPU, as I said it was built on a budget and will gradually upgrade the components but BF1 plays smoothly on it ;)

Apart from BF1 & BF4 I play a lot of Blizzard games, Arma 3 & various others on Steam.
I am also also heavily in to Emulating old systems I used to own like the ZX Spectrum, Commodor Amiga etc & still own an A500 with a 512MB RAM upgrade  ;D

I also produce D&B music in my spare time, a link to my recent tracks that I have posted on YouTube:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqhMnEwzIkgeBz0XpaxFSmQ/videos
« Last Edit: October 13, 2017, 08:00:20 PM by Azarius »
  • Azarius

Offline Azarius

• AUK Member
  • Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Application to re-join
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2017, 08:39:01 PM »
Image of my setup attached, 120KB limit? :o
  • Azarius

Offline blue_1247

• Board Moderator
  • Major
  • Cocked, locked and ready to rock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2017, 09:16:24 PM »
Hello Azarius! So you've already been a member? That's great :) Must have been a while ago, before I came along...
Nice setup you got there! In case you haven't seen this yet, bacon posted some excellent performance tips for BF1:

http://www.anarchygaming.uk/Forum/battlefield-5/some-tips-to-gain-fps/
and
http://www.anarchygaming.uk/Forum/battlefield-5/some-more-performance-tips/

I tried them myself (don't have a double 1080 rig or anything like that either) and could achieve noticeable improvements. Glad to see you coming back to us, let's squad up some time soon! :)

Offline teamplayeruk

• Board Moderator
  • Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2017, 11:11:52 AM »
hi
good intro mate and thanks for the applying to join AUK.

Can you please apply to join our Anarchy UK Reserves platoon  (in-game) on BF1. This will be a 2 week trial once that has finished you will then be invited to join our main platoon.

Our main recruitment officer of the clan is me (Teamplayeruk1234) I  will approve your request shortly on the platoon page.

Cheers and welcome to AUK.  :)
teamplayeruk1234/ray  :)
« Last Edit: October 13, 2017, 11:13:47 AM by teamplayeruk »
  • teamplayeruk1

Offline Azarius

• AUK Member
  • Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2017, 03:47:42 PM »
Well sorry guys but I am going to withdraw my application to be in the Platoon, I was just told that being on TS all the time for general conversation as a recruit is a must and not just during matches.
Unfortunately I am not the only one in my house so I can't be conversing on TS all the time, I will however continue to have some fun with you guys on the servers if that is ok.
  • Azarius

Offline blue_1247

• Board Moderator
  • Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2017, 03:56:47 PM »
I was just told that being on TS all the time for general conversation as a recruit is a must and not just during matches.

By who? We'd like you to join TS to at least listen in during matches, that's all as far as I know. The major reason is for other team members to be able to talk to you (e.g., "drop ammo pls", "tank around the corner"). You don't even need to have your mic enabled.

(Correct me if I'm wrong)

Offline Neox

• AUK Leader
  • Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2017, 04:26:02 PM »
I think you have been misinformed slightly mate. You don't have to be on ts all the time whilst being a recruit or even when your a full member. It's obviously something we would prefer (and promote) to have members and recruits to be on ts as much as possible but its not a rule as such that you MUST be on when playing. We're quite relaxed about stuff like that. At the  end of the day if you can come on ts regularly then brilliant if not then that's cool.

Link below for the requirements to join auk. http://www.anarchygaming.uk/Forum/how-to-join-auk/anarchy-recruitment-process-(please-read-first)/

There is no mention in the rules that you have to be on ts all the time. You have it Installed and you have been on. Job done. As i said above its something  we promote and prefer that all members can come on ts as much as possible but that's it. :)

Az obviously it's upto you mate but I would reconsider your decision to withdraw .
« Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 06:01:13 PM by Neox »

Offline EntraVenuS

• AUK Founder
  • Major
  • My ass is on fire
    • View Profile
    • My Steam Roller
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2017, 04:53:16 PM »
Yeah stay mate use ts as much or little as you need to
  • EntraVenuS The Goat Herder

Offline kirky187

• AUK Leader
  • Major
  • Death does not bargain...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2017, 05:57:34 PM »
TS is there to help game play. And to help members to get know each other, that's why we promote the use of TS
You can use TS as and when you want. just join and listen in on the chatter, you don't have to have a mic
Craig

Offline teamplayeruk

• Board Moderator
  • Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2017, 06:34:52 PM »
Well sorry guys but I am going to withdraw my application to be in the Platoon, I was just told that being on TS all the time for general conversation as a recruit is a must and not just during matches.
Unfortunately I am not the only one in my house so I can't be conversing on TS all the time, I will however continue to have some fun with you guys on the servers if that is ok.
hi m8 its not a must i think you got it wrong in what i was trying to say,but you dont need the mic it would be nice to come on ts to get to know every one and for them to communicate to you in game. blue has the same problem as you and dont use a mic but he still comes on ts so he can hear us in game for ammo revive ect.it would be nice for us to get to know you thats all im trying to say m8.there is no need for you to leave if that is the case. :)
  • teamplayeruk1

Offline Azarius

• AUK Member
  • Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2017, 07:20:43 PM »
Thanks for the replies all, I will re submit my application to the Platoon in game in a moment but as I said I was told during a match that it was a requirement at least whilst being a new recruit.
I did explain my reasons and also the fact I used to be on TS regular with you guys in the BF4 days, however he went offline before I got a response so I thought I was about to be declined because of it, hence my withdrawal.

I understand that being on voice comms is both advantageous and fun & will make the effort to do so when required (e.g. during matches) I just can't be on there for general chat most of the time.

Hope to see you on the Battlefield soon  :)
  • Azarius

Offline blue_1247

• Board Moderator
  • Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2017, 07:25:04 PM »
Great news mate, I'm glad you reconsidered :)

Offline Chipeater

• AUK Admin
  • Major
  • Time flies like an arrow fruit flies like a banana
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2017, 01:18:41 AM »

I understand that being on voice comms is both advantageous and fun & will make the effort to do so when required (e.g. during matches)

Hope to see you on the Battlefield soon  :)

If only to hear me swear every time I get fragged  >:(
  • Chipeater

Time flies like an arrow fruit flies like a banana

Offline teamplayeruk

• Board Moderator
  • Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2017, 09:58:12 AM »
Hi mate,

can you send a request to join the main platoon on bf1.

You are now offically a full member of AUK. Welcome aboard mate  8)

Cheers
teamplayeruk1234 :)
  • teamplayeruk1