Author Topic: Totally regrettable application: fury / bersurk  (Read 1700 times)

Offline fury

• AUK Member
  • Officer Cadet
    • View Profile
Totally regrettable application: fury / bersurk
« on: October 17, 2016, 04:52:44 PM »
Hi ladies, lads, gimps, pimps and grenade spamm launcher victims.  :P

As some of you are aware I've been haunting the servers, and team speak, for best part of 2 weeks now and made the regrettable decision to apply.
So time for a history lesson.

About Me:
While I have been gaming since I was a wee nipper, Commodore Vic 20 and typing 200 lines of code to play chess ffs, I started online gaming back in 1998 beginning with alpha .8 of counter strike and UT.
I didn't to spend all that much time gaming as in October that year I was began my training for the RAF Regiment. Unfortunately I only did 2 years in the military and didn't get chance to deploy. This was mostly due to a back spasm I had during field ops that meant I was unable to fully complete trade training. It wasn't after I had left around that I found myself sinking more time into gaming. Though in all honesty back then it was more of a way to combat the depression I was having.

I've spent time in a great many titles, never really settling for very long in many of them. Old favs include BF1942, 2142, CS1.6, Ghost Recon, Dawn of War series and some others that aren't worth mentioning. I generally enjoy the challenge that games bring. Playing in such ways that increase the difficulty for myself whilst feel great when it works are also highly irritating and rage inducing when not. I hate having it easy. It bores me to death. I'd rather loose a good game than win an easy 1.

1 area I spent a great deal of time in was when I was trailing for a high skill clan for COD 4. Aiming to compete in LAN competitions. I've also spent a lot of time playing duel in games like Quake 3, Quake Live, UT99 and UT3.
In terms of competitive play, online not LAN, I've probably clocked over several hundred games since I started playing online in various games since 2000. Maybe more since I never kept count.  :o

Outside of gaming I enjoy movies, music, nature and fitness. Though current circumstance with an in-flamed nerve in my hip has meant I've not been able to train properly for a long time and the belly is showing lol ::)

Fun Facts:
I'm currently a free lance Illustrator doing digital art and photography.
I don't drink anymore, nor do I smoke, but I do eat too many sweets.
I hate trolls. Banter is fun as long as the people in question find it fun.
Back in org BF1942 I was unaffectionately referred to as "Tank bitch" by my then community for my ability to knock out aircraft.
I love playing Recon and do so in almost every game. Arma3, BF, Division (sort of), Squad. But I also adore support roles too. Contradictory really as 1 side is precision based the other is pure spamm supportive fire.  :D
I've used to be able to take out helicopter and Jet pilots in Arma3 with a Lynx. Not played Arma in depth for a while now though.
AUK players generally like to know where I am when I have an RPG and they are flying....  8)

Games Genres i like are and currently can be found playing:
FPS - BF4/Arma3/Squad/DayZ(on occasion)/Killing Floor 2 and at some point Star Citizen.
RTS - TotalWar Warhammer/Rome II/Company of heroes 2.
RPG - Dragon Age Inquisition/Fall out 4 (modded to death and survival mode)/Witcher 3.
MMO's - On occasion Elder Scrolls online/Final Fantasy XIV and a recent stint in WoW Legion that I heavily regret.
I also play on occasion games like Warthunder, Siege, Resident Evil (coop mainly) Evolve Stage 2 and CSGO. Though I am fond of coop games so if I have it and its coop chances are I've played it. Always up for good coop fun, not done yet the new Arma 3 Apex missions tho.

Current PC rig - starting to creek
CPU: Intel 3770
MotherBoard: Asrock z77 extreme4 socket 1155
GPU: EVGA GTX 770 2Gb is REALLY starting to struggle with many of the newer games this year.
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz 16gb
SSD: Samsung EVO 500GB primary / OCZ agility 3 128GB 
HDD: Western Digital 1TB art storage mainly / Western Digital 500Gb games.
Case: NZXT Phantom 410. Needs changing for something smaller as it doesn't fit on the desk.
PSU: Dunno.... Literally had it around as a backup and forgot what the damn thing was. Need to get it swapped out ASAP but damn all these new shiny games.....
CPU Cooler: Antec something chunky
Case Fans: 4x 120mm's and 1x 240mm.
Main Monitor: BenQ 1080 27" Widescreen / secondary LLyama 27" widescreen
Keyboard: TTesports Prime (I think)
Mouse: Gigabyte M6900
Headset: Logitech G230
Also have a Huion graphics tablet for my work. Occasionally can use it as a 3rd monitor.

I am meant to be saving for a new PSU/GPU and case as well as replacing my work stations chair.

I think that about covers it. Though for the record I enjoy playing with AUK in Battlefield, I do still hang with other community's for other games such as Star Citizen and Eternal Crusade.  :)
  • fury
Origin: Bersurk

Offline Neox

• Leaders
  • Major
    • View Profile
Re: Totally regrettable application: fury / bersurk
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2016, 04:59:29 PM »
Hey Fury, nice intro mate and about time you put an application in to join us 8)

please click on the following link (whilst logged into battlelog) to apply join our reserves. Its a 2 week trial - if all goes well (which im sure it will) you will then be invited into the main platoon.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/platoons/view/202843045139243020/

ps: I had a vic20 too was our first computer we had wayyyy back in the (very) early 80s. Favourite games was shadowfax, Gorf and speedboat :D  :D

Cheers
Neox
« Last Edit: October 17, 2016, 05:01:33 PM by Neox »

Offline EntraVenuS

• Administrator
  • Major
  • My ass is on fire
    • View Profile
    • My Steam Roller
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2016, 06:20:23 PM »
rejected! reason wall of text

:D
  • EntraVenuS The Goat Herder

Velosai

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2016, 07:17:13 PM »
If you are after a new chair, have a look at https://www.officefurnitureonline.co.uk

Got my chair from them about 7/8 years ago and its still brilliant ... well, apart from the added dust on some of the frame, but that added value, right?

If you want to find out whats in your computer, have a look at speccy. Its free, no hidden "extras" and is easy to use. CCleaner is pretty damn good as well. Long as you don't use them for commercial use they are free.

Plus I have a NZXT H630 ... you think you have size issues with that phantom!!!!

Offline Queen Boudi

• Forum member
  • Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2016, 07:59:50 PM »
Welcome Fury - glad you made it official.
CYA in the field
Boudi

Offline kirky187

• Leaders
  • Major
  • Death does not bargain...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2016, 08:03:48 PM »
Welcome, and shoot ya soon  ;D
Craig

Offline Brymir

• AUK Senior Admins
  • Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2016, 08:13:56 PM »
Welcome :)
  • Anesthesia
Nakki's personal pocket medic

Offline PomcaT

• AUK Admin
  • Colonel
  • Probably somewhere I should not be!!!
    • View Profile
    • Anarchy UK
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2016, 08:24:58 PM »
Welcome, looking forward to you catching my MG4 bullets!

AlexMiamorsch

« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2016, 10:11:01 PM »
Hi there! I think you met Mister Bipod Knife already (or was it Mishkah? anyways..)
Welcome! Keep your eyes in the sky and avoid the Igla Squad! They are evil..

Velosai

« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2016, 11:19:32 PM »
Igla squad was only forced in reaction to your stealth bombing raids Alex ..... Its your own damn fault :p

Offline UKRatman

• AUK Admin
  • Colonel
  • By The POWERRRR of the monster Munch
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2016, 06:34:24 AM »
Welcome, to stop me from shooting you bring the monster munch see you on the battlefield
  • UKRatman
]