Author Topic: AUK RACING PLEASE READ  (Read 138 times)

Offline HothG

• AUK Senior Admin
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
AUK RACING PLEASE READ
« on: December 05, 2017, 11:34:20 PM »
Dear all PC2 Racers-
My open & honest thoughts...

As I appear to have the role of organising the tracks etc. on the AUK server, I feel that I have also been burdened as race director/ good will ambassador /agony aunt!

I play the game to enjoy myself & MOST of the time enjoy good , close & clean racing in a wide variety of cars & on differing tracks.
I am certainly far from being the best driver & a podium finish is a real bonus, but I enjoy taking part...! 
However when people race too aggressively (to the point of stupidity) the game is ruined for me as then the accusations "fly" & the tantrums kick in... ! 
If you point out an error some people feel that your "taking sides" or picking on them.
This is not the case , we all make mistakes BUT we should all be able to admit them & accept an apology as well!

We have changed the server settings in an attempt to create a "sim" feel to the game , so yep:
- Damage is on (but only visual with slight impact) in order to make drivers "think twice"
- Race rules are on, it may be annoying but cutting corners etc. will be penalised (the level for penalty is set to its lowest!)
- Mandatory pit stops are on, in an attempt to make it easier to re-join in a competitive position if you take damage...

THE RULES ARE THE SAME FOR ALL THE DRIVERS....WHY COMPLAIN ?

How can we consider using our AUK Racing server as a possible recruitment tool if we cannot keep our own members civil to one another?

I would ask you all to consider the additional points more as a guidelines that if followed would allow any grievance to be handled in a calm & professional manner, and allow us ALL to continue to enjoy a fantastic, challenging & enjoyable game?

Race etiquette:

● If you are involved in an on-track incident, don't overreact. It may be frustrating, but you need to stay calm and get on with it. Losing out due to another driver's mistake or recklessness is no excuse for retaliation or acting against the rules.

● If another driver does something you feel is against the rules, report it after the race rather than argue about it over the voice chat or in the forums post race.

● If you are having a bad race, don't act foolishly. As a driver, you have to accept that some races will be better than others and you can't always have it your way. If you are unable to enjoy the racing due to not always being at the front, this is not the place for you - there are many drivers in the league, and someone will always have to be at the back.

Rage-quitting:

● Deliberately quitting the race in any way - whether that is by quitting through the pause menu, getting yourself disqualified or deliberately crashing your car - is not allowed, unless you have a very good reason to do so. Accepted reasons for quitting could be that you are a danger to other drivers on track due to poor driving or connection issues, or that you are so far behind that it's obvious that you won't be racing anyone for the rest of the race. Quitting because you "couldn't be bothered" or due to being angry at something - rage-quitting, in other words - are not a good reasons.

If any driver/member feels that I am in error with my remarks , I would be willing to further clarify my points as well as actively listen.

I await your thoughts....

Thank You

HothG

Offline kirky187

• AUK Leader
  • Major
  • Death does not bargain...
    • View Profile
Re: AUK RACING PLEASE READ
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2017, 08:24:39 AM »
Getting taken out on the 3rd corner with cold tyres trough a silly attempt of a pass is frustrating

When players race that aggressive, instead of waiting for a good place to pass. it just spoils the race for others

There is no point in qualifying 1st, 2nd or 3rd, if all that will happens is someone trying to make 6 places on the first corner
Craig

Offline Velosai

• AUK Recruit
  • Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2017, 12:56:23 PM »
My steering wheel doesn't work ... WWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH ...
  • Weiz_ell

Offline Neox

• AUK Leader
  • Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2017, 06:06:09 PM »
Well said Hoth. Seems fair rules.

I do admit I do like to play the game competitively but I enjoy the banter on TS and the game is good fun if played in the right spirit . I have been guilty of 1 or 2 rash moves but generally like to think I am a fair racer.  Play hard but fair.

The rules are fine - I do have a little moan from time to time on TS:P about the racing line rules as I think they have been previously a little harsh on us. I mean there has been situations where someone else or even myself have gone wide on a corner - probararly due to late breaking  then with going wide you end up loosing time and then you get penalized for cutting the corner?

Also you should be able to attack an corner or the kerbs with at least 2 (side) wheels on them without getting penalized.

But anyway we just to need to accept the above rules and guidelines set out by Hoth and also the in-game rules and we all have to respect these rules.

« Last Edit: December 06, 2017, 06:11:51 PM by Neox »

Offline PomcaT

• AUK Admin
  • Major
  • Probably somewhere I should not be!!!
    • View Profile
    • Anarchy UK
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2017, 06:11:48 PM »
Wait until I get upto speed, 3rd corner? I will be coming from the back on the 1st corner with no tyres on at all!!!  :-X

Back on topic, I cannot understand people getting mad at other players whilst playing a game,  I get mad at myself sometimes when playing, but keep it under wraps and certainly venting at your clan mates is not going to help.

By hook or crook, Neox is going down once my wheel is sorted!

Offline blue_1247

• AUK Admin & Recruitment
  • Major
  • Cocked, locked and ready to rock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2017, 06:19:33 PM »
Good rules, can't wait to participate! I'm just hoping I won't make a rookie mistake and get you all mad at me :-X

P.S.: I can see your fineprint, pommy :P